OT: Bad Sector Count - suggestions and experiences?

Hi,

I apologize for the OT, but I hope some ceph users with bigger installations have a lot more experiences than the users reporting theire home problem (NAS with 2 disks … ) I saw a lot googling that topic.

Luckily we had not as much hard disk failures as some coworkers, but now with more and more disks in use, the topic of Bad Sector Counts gets more importent.

How do you react to Bad Sector Counts from SMART? At what point do you start to replace the disk? Any thresholds in percent or absolute numbers?

Currently I got the message from two 8 TB disk; one has 5 the other 24 Bad Sectors reported.

	Thanks for feedback and suggestions. Regards . Götz