Re: Small ceph cluster design question

Hi Satish,

just one caution here.

I tried DL380 G8 with NVME Samsung 960 Pro drive. The latter (despite pretty good overall performance numbers) hardly suits for BlueStore WAL/DB deployment since  it handles (f)synced writes very slowly. Which is crucial for DB/WAL.

The root cause IMO is due to the lack of Power Loss Data Protection (or whatever you name it).

I'm not sure that's the case for your drive though. Just be careful when using such consumer drives.

Thanks,

Igor