RGW User Stats Mismatch

Hi all,

We currently have a Ceph Luminous 12.2.5 cluster running, among other functions, an RGW service for users in our organization. The cluster has been upgraded through a few major versions, at least farther back than Hammer. For some time, we were bitten by the RGW user quota sync issue that we believe was fixed in [0]. With that, we have a number of users who’s reported ‘total_bytes' are higher than their actual data holdings in the cluster. We are taking account of objects that might have been written into other buckets when we calculate this and running with radosgw-admin user stats —uid=USER —sync-stats.

While we can no longer replicate the issue since that patch, is there a suggested path forward to rectify the existing user stats that may have been skewed by this bug before the patched release?

Thanks!
Ryan Leimenstoll
University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies