Re: Luminous Bluestore performance, bcache

Thanks Richard,

That sounds impressive, especially the around 30% hit ratio. That would be ideal for me, but we were only getting single digit results during my trials. I think around 5% was the figure if I remember correctly.

However, most of our vms were created a bit chaotically (not using predefined vm templates), which could be the reason for the low cache hit rate. If most of your vms are created from templates, you should get a far better cache performance figures I think.

But the main factor is the data type, which is very random for our case as we have different applications and services.

Would be interested to learn how you are achieving your 30-35% hit ratio on 700 vms.

Cheers