Centralised Logging Strategy

Morning all,

Does anybody have any advice regarding moving their Ceph clusters to centralised logging? We are presently investigating routes to undertake this (long awaited and needed) change, and any pointers or gotchas that may lay ahead that we could be advised on would be great. We are quite used to deploying ELK at this stage so that is our probable option for collection and analysis unless there is a compelling reason otherwise. We are able to write our own filters as needed, but tried and tested options on which to base our own would be fantastic too.

We are debating whether it is worth doing the logging over our management network (this is a simple layer 2 network on 100Mbit links per host), or should we perhaps be looking to do this over the public network (40G in our case) instead?

Kind Regards,

Tom

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose. We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you