Re: How to fix a Ceph PG in unkown state with no OSDs?

Okay, I can’t tell you what happened to that one pg, but you’ve got another 445 remapped pgs and that’s not a good state to be in. It was probably your use of the rewritten-by-utilization. :/ I am pretty sure the missing PG and remapped ones have the same root cause, and it’s possible but by no means certain fixing one will fix the others.

...oh, actually, the most likely cause just came up in an unrelated conversation. You’ve probably run into the pg overdose protection that was added in luminous. Check the list archives for the exact name, but you’ll want to increase the pg hard limit and restart the osds that exceeded the previous/current setting.
-Greg