ceph pg dump

Hi all,

we have two small clusters (3 nodes each) called alpha and beta. One node (alpha0/beta0) is on a remote site and only has monitor & manager. The two other nodes (alpha/beta-1/2) have all 4 services and contain the OSDs and are connected via an internal network. In short:

alpha0 ------ alpha1--alpha2

beta0 ------ beta1--beta2

Now, since a few weeks, I cannot run "ceph pg stat" or "ceph pg dump" or anything the like on alpha0. It works flawlessly on all other nodes including beta0. When I start such a command on alpha0, it just hangs forever.

I wonder what could be the reason? Could it be some firewall issue? I see nothing in the logs. Any ideas on how to debug this? I assume it's not necessary to run this command on a node with OSDs, right, because it works on beta0? I could swear it worked on alpha0 as well for many months... I wonder what happened. Weird.

Thank you,
Ranjan