Re: bluestore compression stability

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Alfredo Daniel Rezinovsky wrote:
> I've found only the official docs about bluestore compression. Seems simple.
>
> I'ts stable enough to set it up in production servers?

We haven't seen any problems in QA over the last half year or so.  There
is one open ticket, though:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23540

> Can be easilly disabled in case of trouble?

In the above case disabling compression avoided the crash.  There's no
guarantee of that in general, though, since something already written
compressed to disk could trigger a hypothetical bug.

sage