Re: Why the change from ceph-disk to ceph-volume and lvm? (and just not stick with direct disk access)

Beuh ...

I have other questions:
- why not use LVM, and stick with direct disk access ?
- what are the cost of LVM (performance, latency etc) ?

Answers:
- unify setup, support for crypto & more
- none

Tldr: that technical choice is fine, nothing to argue about.