Re: QEMU maps RBD but can't read them

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Wladimir Mutel <mwg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>          Yes, I use erasure-pool as data-pool for these images
>>>          (to save on replication overhead).
>>>          Should I add it to the [osd] profile list ?
>

>> Indeed, that's the problem since the libvirt and/or iso user doesn't
>> have access to the data-pool.
>

>         This really helped, thanks !
>
> client.iso
>         key: AQBp...gA==
>         caps: [mon] profile rbd
>         caps: [osd] profile rbd pool=iso, profile rbd pool=jerasure21
> client.libvirt
>         key: AQBt...IA==
>         caps: [mon] profile rbd
>         caps: [osd] profile rbd pool=libvirt, profile rbd pool=jerasure21
>
>         Now I can boot the VM from the .iso image and install Windows.
>
>         One more question, how should I set profile 'rbd-read-only' properly
> ? I tried to set is for 'client.iso' on both 'iso' and 'jerasure21' pools,
> and this did not work. Set profile on both pools to 'rbd', it worked. But I
> don't want my iso imaged to be accidentally modified by virtual guests. Can
> this be solved with Ceph auth, or in some other way ? (in fact, I look for
> Ceph equivalent of 'chattr +i')

QEMU doesn't currently handle the case for opening RBD images in
read-only mode, so if you attempt to use 'profile rbd-read-only', I
suspect attempting to open the image will fail. You could perhaps take
a middle ground and just apply 'profile rbd-read-only pool=jerasure21'
to protect the contents of the image.

--
Jason