Re: ceph , VMWare , NFS-ganesha

We are using the iSCSI gateway in ceph-12.2 with vsphere-6.5 as the client.
It's an active/passive setup, per. LUN.
We choose this solution because that's what we could get RH support for and it sticks to the "no SPOF" philosophy.

Performance is ~25-30% slower then krbd mounting the same rbd image directly. This is based on the following.
We spun up a FC27 VM within the vmware cluster attached a vdisk from the vmware datastore, ran various fio test.
Then we mapped the same rbd image directly and ran the same tests(ofc we removed the iscsi exposure first.)

Regards
Heðin Ejdesgaard