Re: Ceph-fuse getting stuck with "currently failed to authpin local pins"

I get the exact opposite to the same error message "currently failed to authpin local pins". Had a few clients on ceph-fuse 12.2.2 and they ran into those issues a lot (evicting works). Upgrading to ceph-fuse 12.2.5 fixed it. The main cluster is on 12.2.4.

The cause is user's HPC jobs or even just their login on multiple nodes accessing the same files, in a particular way. Doesn't happen to other users. Haven't quite dug into it deep enough as upgrading to 12.2.5 fixed our problem.

From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Oliver Freyermuth <freyermuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 29 May 2018 7:29:06 AM
To: Paul Emmerich
Cc: Ceph Users; Peter Wienemann
Subject: Re: Ceph-fuse getting stuck with "currently failed to authpin local pins"

Dear Paul,

Am 28.05.2018 um 20:16 schrieb Paul Emmerich:
> I encountered the exact same issue earlier today immediately after upgrading a customer's cluster from 12.2.2 to 12.2.5.
> I've evicted the session and restarted the ganesha client to fix it, as I also couldn't find any obvious problem.

interesting! In our case, the client with the problem (it happened again a few hours later...) always was a ceph-fuse client. Evicting / rebooting the client node helped.
However, it may well be that the original issue way caused by a Ganesha client, which we also use (and the user in question who complained was accessing files in parallel via NFS and ceph-fuse),
but I don't have a clear indication of that.

Cheers,
        Oliver