Re: Data recovery after loosing all monitors

On 05/22/2018 03:38 PM, George Shuklin wrote:
> Good news, it's not an emergency, just a curiosity.
>
> Suppose I lost all monitors in a ceph cluster in my laboratory. I have
> all OSDs intact. Is it possible to recover something from Ceph?

Yes, there is. Using ceph-objectstore-tool you are able to rebuild the
MON database.

BUT, this isn't something you would really want to do as you loose your
cephx keys and such and getting them all back will be a total nightmare.

My advice, make sure you have reliable hardware for your Monitors. Run
them on DC-grade SSDs and you'll be fine.

Wido