Re: Multi-MDS Failover

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:56 AM Webert de Souza Lima <webert.boss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 7:16 AM Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@xxxxxx> wrote:
additionally: if rank 0 is lost, the whole FS stands still (no new
client can mount the fs; no existing client can change a directory, etc.).

my guess is that the root of a cephfs (/; which is always served by rank
0) is needed in order to do traversals/lookups of any directories on the
top-level (which then can be served by ranks 1-n).

Could someone confirm if this is actually how it works? Thanks.

Yes, although I'd expect that clients can keep doing work in directories they've already got opened (or in descendants of those). Perhaps I'm missing something about that, though...
-Greg

Regards,

Webert Lima
DevOps Engineer at MAV Tecnologia