Re: Show and Tell: Grafana cluster dashboard

Jan Fajerski <mailto:jfajerski@xxxxxxxx>
7. May 2018 at 14:21
On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 02:05:59PM +0200, Kurt Bauer wrote:
  Hi Jan,
  first of all thanks for this dashboard.
  A few comments:
-) 'vonage-status-panel' is needed, which isn't mentioned in the ReadMe
Yes, my bad. Will update the README
  -) Using ceph 12.2.4 the mon metric for me is apparently called
  'ceph_mon_quorum_count' not 'ceph_mon_quorum_status'
I'll also add to the readme: The dashboard is based on Ceph Mimic.
  And a question:
  Is there a way to get the Cluster IOPS with prometheus metrics? I did
  this with collectd, but can't find a suitable metric from ceph-mgr.
Yes...at least in Mimic the metrics are called ceph_osd_op[_r,_w,_rw]
Thanks, these metrics are in Luminous too. I seem unable to find some sort of register, to see which metrics mean what. Some are quite obvious, but others are a mystery. Does smth. like that exist somewhere?

Thanks.

  Best regards,
  Kurt

  [1]Jan Fajerski
  7. May 2018 at 12:32

  Hi all,
I'd like to request comments and feedback about a Grafana dashboard for
  Ceph cluster monitoring.
  [2]https://youtu.be/HJquM127wMY
  [3]https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/21850
  The goal is to eventually have a set of default dashboards in the Ceph
  repository that offer decent monitoring for clusters of various (maybe
even all) sizes and applications, or at least serve as a starting point
  for customizations.
  in
  the body of a message to [4]majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  More majordomo info at [5]http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html