Re: OSD doesnt start after reboot

What steps do you do each reboot to get the osds to start.

On Fri, May 4, 2018, 12:47 PM Akshita Parekh <parekh.akshita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes correct,but the main issue is, the osd configuration gets lost after every reboot

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 6:11 PM, Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:22 AM, Akshita Parekh <parekh.akshita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steps followed during installing ceph-
> 1) Installing rpms
>
> Then the steps given in -
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-ceph-deploy/  , apart from step
> 2 and 3
>
> Then ceph-deploy osd prepare osd1:/dev/sda1
>          ceph-deploy osd activate osd1:/dev/sda1
>
>           It said conf files were different and no monitor found.So i copied
> ceph.conf from admin to osd node. I am using only 1 osd currently.Osd got
> activated . Then i enabled the ceph.target and ceph-osd.target services.
> After rebooting the folders created in /var/lib/ceph/osd/cluster-id   like
> current superblock etc gets erased. Now i am trying to reinstall the file
> system(created using fuse). But it says file system is busy,stop MDS
> services.MDS services are stopped already.

Sounds like you tried installing/re-installing a few times, with
different contents and got into a place where your servers have stale
information.

You should start from scratch again, probably with new servers or at
least try to ensure everything was fully uninstalled and removed.