Re: CephFS MDS stuck (failed to rdlock when getattr / lookup)

Hi all,

Am 17.04.2018 um 19:38 schrieb Oliver Freyermuth:
> Am 17.04.2018 um 19:35 schrieb Daniel Gryniewicz:
>> On 04/17/2018 11:40 AM, Oliver Freyermuth wrote:
>>> Am 17.04.2018 um 17:34 schrieb Paul Emmerich:
>> <snip>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> This is certainly interesting for us!
>>> Ideally, we would love something with a similar maintenance-promise as the eu.ceph.com repositories, always in sync with upstream's ceph releases.
>>> I still hope NFS Ganesha will play a larger role in Mimic and later releases any maybe become a more integral part of the Ceph ecosystem.
>>>
>>> This is also the main problem preventing it from building it ourselves - if we had to do it, we would have to build Ceph and NFS Ganesha, e.g. on the Open Build Service,
>>> and closely monitor upstream ourselves.
>>>
>>> Many thanks and looking forward towards the publishing of your repo,
>>>     Oliver
>>
>> 2.6 packages are now up on download.ceph.com, thanks to Ali.
>
> Many thanks to Ali also from my side!
> We'll schedule the upgrade within the next days and observe closely whether the problem reappears.
>
> Many thanks and all the best,
> 	Oliver

Finally, after watching the situation for ~2 weeks after the update, I can say:
Upgrading NFS Ganesha to 2.6 appears to have solved the issue.
I did not observe any further lockup like this anymore, even though our users tried their best to re-trigger the issue!
So it seems this has been solved for good by the update :-).

So many thanks and all the best,
	Oliver