Re: What are the current rados gw pools

From my experience, Luminous now only uses a .users pool and not the .users.etc pools.  I agree that this could be better documented for configuring RGW.  I don't know the full list. Before you go and delete any pools make sure to create users, put data in the cluster, and that no objects exist in the pools before deleting them.  Some objects don't show as having any size.  Also the default.rgw-buckets.non-ec pool is used for multi-part uploads.  It will be empty most of the time, but if you ever have a multi-part upload, it will first go to that pool and then be combined and dumped into buckets.data.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 5:23 AM Marc Roos <M.Roos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I manually created the radosgw pools from serveral different sources.
And I have it sort of running. But as you can see some pools stay empty.

Can I delete all used 0 pools?

POOL_NAME                  USED
.intent-log                     0
.rgw.buckets                    0
.rgw.buckets.extra              0
.rgw.buckets.index              0
.rgw.gc                         0
.rgw.root                    1113
.usage                          0
.users                          0
.users.email                    0
.users.swift                    0
.users.uid                      0
default.rgw                     0
default.rgw.buckets.data    6046M
default.rgw.buckets.index       0
default.rgw.buckets.non-ec      0
default.rgw.control             0
default.rgw.log              2431
default.rgw.meta             4702

Would be nice if this could be put on the manual here
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-ceph-gateway/#