Creating first Ceph cluster

Hi,

I am building my first Ceph cluster from hardware leftover from a previous project. I have been reading a lot of Ceph documentation but need some help to make sure I going the right way.
To set the stage below is what I have

Rack-1

1 x HP DL360 G9 with
   - 256 GB Memory
   - 5 x 300GB HDD
   - 2 x HBA SAS
   - 4 x 10GBe Networking Card

1 x SuperMicro chassis with 17 x HP Enterprise 400GB SSD and 17 x HP Enterprise 1.7TB HDD
Chassis and HP server are connected with 2 x SAS HBA for redundancy.

Rack-2 (Same as Rack-1)

1 x HP DL360 G9 with
   - 256 GB Memory
   - 5 x 300GB HDD
   - 2 x HBA SAS
   - 4 x 10GBe Networking Card

1 x SuperMicro chassis with 17 x HP Enterprise 400GB SSD and 17 x HP Enterprise 1.7TB HDD
Chassis and HP server are connected with 2 x SAS HBA for redundancy.

Rack-3

5 x HP DL360 G8 with
   - 128 GB Memory
   - 2 x 400GB HP Enterprise SSD
   - 3 x 1.7TB Enterprise HDD

Requirements
- To serve storage to around 200 VMware VMs via iSCSI. VMs use disks moderately.
- To serve storage to some docker containers using ceph volume driver
- To serve storage to some legacy apps using NFS

Plan

- Create a ceph cluster with all machines
- Use Bluestore as osd backing ( 3 x SSD for DB and WAL in SuperMicro Chassis and 1 x SSD for DB and WAL in Rack 3 G8s)
- Use remaining SSDs ( 14 x in SuperMicro and 1 x Rack 3 G8s ) for Rados Cache Tier
- Update CRUSH map to make Rack as minimum failure domain. So almost all data is replicated across racks and in case one of the host dies the storage still works.
- Single bonded network (4x10GBe) connected to ToR switches.
- Same public and cluster network

Questions

- First of all, is this kind of setup workable.
- I have seen that Ceph uses /dev/sdx names in guides, is it a good approach considering the disks die and can come up with different /dev/sdx identifier on reboot.
- What should be the approx size of WAL and DB partitions for my kind of setup?
- Can i install ceph in a VM and use other VMs on these hosts. Is Ceph too CPU demanding?

Thanks,
Shantur