Cluster Re-balancing

Hi,

We are running a cluster with ceph luminous 12.2.0. Some of the OSDs are getting full and we are running ceph osd reweight-by-utilization to re-balance the OSDs. We have also set

mon_osd_backfillfull_ratio 0.8 (This is to prevent moving data to an overloaded OSD when re-weighting)
mon_osd_nearfull_ratio 0.85

However, reweight is worsening the problem by moving data from an 85% full OSD to an 84.7 full OSD instead of moving it to half empty OSD. This is causing the last to increase up to 85.6. Some OSDs have now reached 87% and 86%

Moreover, the cluster does not show any OSD as near full although some OSDs have passed 86% and is totaly ignoring the backfillfull setting by moving data to OSDs that are above 80%.

Are the settings above wrong? what can we do to prevent moving data to overloaded OSDs

--
Best Regards
Monis