Re: Ceph Jewel and Ubuntu 16.04

Rich,

Thank you for the information.  Are you suggesting that I do a clean install of the OS partition...reinstall the Ceph packages, etc...and then Ceph should be able to find the OSDs and all the original data.

I did do something similar one time when we had a MBR failure on a single node and it would no longer boot up..however that was quite some time ago.

As far as I remember Ceph found all the OSD data just fine and everything did startup in a good state post OS reinstall.

Thanks again for your help on this issue.

Shain