Re: Fwd: Separate --block.wal --block.db bluestore not working as expected.

No, you shouldn't invoke it that way, you should just not specify a WAL device at all if you want it to be stored with the DB - if not otherwise specified the WAL is automatically stored with the other metadata on the DB device. You should do something like:

ceph-volume lvm prepare --bluestore --data /dev/sdc --block.db /dev/sda1

Rich