Re: What do you use to benchmark your rgw?

Hi Mathew,

We approached the problem by first running swift-bench for performance tuning and configuration. Since it was the easiest to get up and running and test the gateway.

Then we wrote a python script using python boto and python futures to model our usecase and test s3.

We found the most effective performance improvement was to place the *.rgw.buckets.index’s on nvme backed osds.

Cheers,
Tom