Re: Enable object map kernel module

It seems the bin is not present, is it part of ceph packages?

tgonzaga@ceph-mon-3:~$ sudo rbd nbd map test
/usr/bin/rbd-nbd: exec failed: (2) No such file or directory
rbd: rbd-nbd failed with error: /usr/bin/rbd-nbd: exit status: 1

thanks in advance,

Thiago Gonzaga
SaaSOps Software Architect
o. 1 (512) 2018-287 x2119
Skype: thiago.gonzaga20

Aurea

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 12:25 PM, <ceph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 24. März 2018 00:05:12 MEZ schrieb Thiago Gonzaga <thiago.gonzaga@xxxxxxxxx>:
>Hi All,
>
>I'm starting with ceph and faced a problem while using object-map
>
>root@ceph-mon-1:/home/tgonzaga# rbd create test -s 1024 --image-format
>2
>--image-feature exclusive-lock
>root@ceph-mon-1:/home/tgonzaga# rbd feature enable test object-map
>root@ceph-mon-1:/home/tgonzaga# rbd list
>test
>root@ceph-mon-1:/home/tgonzaga# rbd map test
>rbd: sysfs write failed
>RBD image feature set mismatch. You can disable features unsupported by
>the
>kernel with "rbd feature disable test object-map".
>In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try "dmesg | tail".
>rbd: map failed: (6) No such device or address
>
>how can we deal with that? I see some comments that large images
>without
>omap may suffer to get deleted

I guess your issue is not Related to the Feature... directly...you are trying to mount the Image with a Kernel which isnt Support your used Feature.

Perhaps could rbd-nbd be helpfull as i understand right this uses libdrb.

- Mehmet