Subject: Re:  Luminous "ceph-disk activate" issue
From: Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx>
To: Fulvio Galeazzi <fulvio.galeazzi@xxxxxxx>
CC: Ceph Users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/16/2018 03:23 PM

Hi,

    Hallo,
         I am on Jewel 10.2.10 and willing to upgrade to Luminous. I
    thought I'd proceed same as for the upgrade to Jewel, by running
    ceph-ansible on OSD nodes one by one, then on MON nodes one by one.
             ---> Is this a sensible way to upgrade to Luminous?

no, that's the wrong order. See the Luminous release notes for the upgrade instructions. You'll need to start with the mons, otherwise the OSDs won't be able to start.

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich

croit GmbH