Re: Delete a Pool - how hard should be?

I've never deleted a bucket, pool, etc at the request of a user that they then wanted back because I force them to go through a process to have their data deleted. They have to prove to me, and I have to agree, that they don't need it before I'll delete it.

It just sounds like you need to either learn to be a storage admin, hire someone that is, or buy a solution that doesn't care if you are.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 9:59 AM Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:17 AM, Max Cuttins <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What about using the at command:
>>
>> ceph osd pool rm <pool> <pool> --yes-i-really-really-mean-it | at now + 30
>> days
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex
>

> How do you know that this command is scheduled?

atq

> How do you delete the scheduled command if is casted?

atrm <job ID>

Reference: https://www.computerhope.com/unix/uat.htm

> This is weird. We need something within CEPH that make you see the "status"
> of the pool as "pending delete".

My personal take is let the Ceph project do what they do really well,
which is focus on data integrity, diagnostics and performance, and let
other well established tools do jobs like scheduling.  It is extremely
easy to adapt the batch tools to this specific use case.

Regards,
Alex