Deep Scrub distribution

Hi All,

I've recently noticed my deep scrubs are EXTREAMLY poorly
distributed.  They are stating with in the 18->06 local time start
stop time but are not distrubuted over enough days or well distributed
over the range of days they have.

root@ceph-mon0:~# for date in `ceph pg dump | awk '/active/{print $20}'`; do date +%D -d $date; done | sort | uniq -c
dumped all
      1 03/01/18
      6 03/03/18
   8358 03/04/18
   1875 03/05/18

So very nearly all 10240 pgs scrubbed lastnight/this morning.  I've
been kicking this around for a while since I noticed poor distribution
over a 7 day range when I was really pretty sure I'd changed that from
the 7d default to 28d.

Tried kicking it out to 42 days about a week ago with:

ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd_deep_scrub_interval 3628800'

There were many error suggesting it could nto reread the change and I'd
need to restart the OSDs but 'ceph daemon osd.0 config show |grep
osd_deep_scrub_interval' showed the right value so I let it roll for a
week but the scrubs did not spread out.

So Friday I set that value in ceph.conf and did rolling restarts of
all OSDs.  Then doubled checked running value on all daemons.
Checking Sunday the nightly deeps scrubs (based on LAST_DEEP_SCRUB
voodoo above) show near enough 1/42nd of PGs had been scrubbed
Saturday night that I thought this was working.

This morning I checked again and got the results above.

I would expect after changing to a 42d scrub cycle I'd see approx 1/42
of the PGs deep scrub each night untill there was a roughly even
distribution over the past 42 days.

So which thing is broken my config or my expectations?

-Jon