Re: Ceph iSCSI is a prank?

On 03/02/2018 01:24 AM, Joshua Chen wrote:
> Dear all,
>   I wonder how we could support VM systems with ceph storage (block
> device)? my colleagues are waiting for my answer for vmware (vSphere 5)

We were having difficulties supporting older versions, because they will
drop down to using SCSI-2 reservations if an ATS failed. Sometimes the
ATS-only setting worked and sometimes it didn't and in older versions it
may not have existed. We have not had time to fully debug and QE.

When distributed PGRs/reservation support is added it will not be a
issue, so we have been concentration on that instead of debugging each
vsphere version individually due to lack of time/resources.

SUSE's implementation does support distributed PGRs, so you should be
able to use it now.

Do you mean 5.0 or 5.5 btw? And if 5.0, just wondering why the older
version.

> and I myself use oVirt (RHEV). the default protocol is iSCSI.

For RHEV, RHCS iSCSI is supported with the current version. It works
like a normal old iSCSI target. There were no changes done to RHEV for
this, so I think it should work just fine with upstream/downstream ceph
iscsi and oVirt too.