Re: Install previous version of Ceph

I have been trying the dpk -i route but hitting a lot of dependencies, so still working on it.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 7:36 AM David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the past I downloaded the packages for a version and configured it as a local repo on the server.  basically it was a tar.gz that I would extract that would place the ceph packages in a folder for me and swap out the repo config file to a version that points to the local folder.  I haven't needed to do that much, but it was helpful.  Generally it's best to just mirror the upstream and lock it to the version you're using in production.  That's a good rule of thumb for other repos as well, especially for ceph nodes.  When I install a new ceph node, I want all of it's package versions to match 100% to the existing nodes.  Troubleshooting problems becomes drastically simpler once you get to that point.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 9:08 AM Ronny Aasen <ronny+ceph-users@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23. feb. 2018 23:37, Scottix wrote:
> Hey,
> We had one of our monitor servers die on us and I have a replacement
> computer now. In between that time you have released 12.2.3 but we are
> still on 12.2.2.
>
> We are on Ubuntu servers
>
> I see all the binaries are in the repo but your package cache only shows
> 12.2.3, is there a reason for not keeping the previous builds like in my
> case.
>
> I could do an install like
> apt install ceph-mon=12.2.2
>
> Also how would I go installing 12.2.2 in my scenario since I don't want
> to update till have this monitor running again.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

did you figure out a solution to this ? I have the same problem now.
I assume you have to download the old version manually and install with
dpkg -i

optionally mirror the ceph repo and build your own repo index containing
all versions.

kind regards
Ronny Aasen