Re: Proper procedure to replace DB/WAL SSD

Caspar, it looks like your idea should work. Worst case scenario seems like the osd wouldn't start, you'd put the old SSD back in and go back to the idea to weight them to 0, backfilling, then recreate the osds. Definitely with a try in my opinion, and I'd love to hear your experience after.

Nico, it is not possible to change the WAL or DB size, location, etc after osd creation. If you want to change the configuration of the osd after creation, you have to remove it from the cluster and recreate it. There is no similar functionality to how you could move, recreate, etc filesystem osd journals. I think this might be on the radar as a feature, but I don't know for certain. I definitely consider it to be a regression of bluestore.