Re: Balanced MDS, all as active and recomended client settings.

Finally, I've changed the configuration to the following:

##
### MDS
##
[mds]
  mds_cache_memory_limit = 792723456
  mds_bal_mode = 1

##
### Client
##
[client]
  client_cache_size = 32768
  client_mount_timeout = 30
  client_oc_max_obijects = 20000
  client_oc_size = 1048576000
  client_permissions = false
  client_quota = false
  rbd_cache = true
  rbd_cache_size = 671088640

I've disabled client_permissions and client_quota because the cluster is only for the webpage and the network is isolated, so it don't need to check the permissions every time, and I've disabled the quota check because there is no quota on this cluster.
This will lower the petitions to MDS and CPU usage, right?

Greetings!!

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:17 PM, Daniel Carrasco <d.carrasco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to search also if there is any way to cache file metadata on client,
> to lower the MDS load. I suppose that files are cached but the client check
> with MDS if there are changes on files. On my server files are the most of
> time read-only so MDS data can be also cached for a while.

The MDS issues capabilities that allow clients to coherently cache metadata.

--
Patrick Donnelly