Re: rgw bucket inaccessible - appears to be using incorrect index pool?

On 02/19/2018 09:49 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

When I read the bucket instance metadata back again, it still reads
"placement_rule": "" so I wonder if the bucket_info change is really
taking effect.
So it never showed the new placement_rule if you did a get after the
put?

I think not. It's odd; it returned an empty list once, then reverted to producing a file not found error. Hard to explain or understand that!

A quick debug session seems to show it still querying the wrong pool
(100) for the index, so it seems that my attempt to update the
bucket_info is either failing or incorrect!
Did you run a local build w/ the linked patch? I think that would have
more effect than

I did just build a local copy of 12.2.2 with the patch - and it does seem to fix it.

Thanks!

Graham
--
Graham Allan