Re: ceph df: Raw used vs. used vs. actual bytes in cephfs

I didn't know about ceph df detail, that's quite useful, thanks.

I was thinking that the problem had to do with some sort of internal fragmentation, because the filesystem in question does have millions (2.9 M or threabouts) of files, however, even if 4k is lost for each file, that only amounts to about 23 GB of raw space lost and I have 3276 GB of raw space unaccounted for.

I've researched the min alloc option a bit and even though no documentation seems to exist, I've found that the default is 64k for hdd, but even if the lost space per file is 64k and that's mirrored, I can only account for 371 GB, so that doesn't really help a great deal.

I have set up an experimental cluster with "bluestore min alloc size = 4096" and so far I've been unable to make it lose space like the first cluster.

I'm very worried that ceph is unusable because of this issue.