max number of pools per cluster

Hi all.

We use RBDs as storage of data for applications.
If application itself can do replication (for example Cassandra),
we want to get profit (HA) from replication on app level.
But we can't if all RBDs are in same pool.
If all RBDs are in same pool - then all rbds are tied up with one set of PGs. And if for any reason even single PG was damaged and for example stuck inactive - then all RBDs will be affected.

First that come to mind is to create a separate pool for every RBD.

I'm aware of max number of PGs per OSD and about osd_pool_default_pg_num
that should be reasonable.
So max number of pools == osds_num * pgs_per_osd / min_pool_pgs.
For example 1000 osds * 300 pg per osd / 32 pgs per pool = 9375.
If osd size 1T then average RBD size will be 100G (looks sane).

So my question is: is there any theoretical limit of pools per cluster?
And, maybe, what it depends on?

Thanks.

--

Best regards,