Re: ceph - OS on SD card

It probably depends where your mon daemon is running from as well as where your logging is going.  As long as everything inside of /var/lib/ceph/ is not mounted on the SD card and your logging for Ceph isn't going to /var/log/ceph (unless that too is mounted elsewhere), then I don't think the SD card would really impact much cluster performance.

That said, I wouldn't recommend production systems using SD cards.  The performance hit on it is more severe in the long run than it might seem up front.  Imagine if you ended up swapping on that thing...