Reweight 0 - best way to backfill slowly?

Hi!

Cluster: 5 HW nodes, 10 HDDs with SSD journals, filestore, 0.94.9 hammer, debian wheezy (scheduled to upgrade once this is fixed).

I have a replaced HDD that another admin set to reweight 0 instead of weight 0 (I can't remember the reason).
What would be the best way to slowly backfill it? Usually I'm using weight and slowly growing it to max size.

I guess if I just set reweight to 1.0, it will backfill as fast as I let it, that is max 1 backfill / osd but it will probably disrupt client io (this being on hammer).

And if I set the weight on it to 0, the node will get less weight, and will start moving data around everywhere right?

Can I use reweight the same way as weight here, slowly increasing it up to 1.0 by increments of say 0.01?

Kind Regards,
David Majchrzak