Re: luminous rbd feature 'striping' is deprecated or just a bug?

To me, it didn't make sense to set the striping feature bit if fancy
striping wasn't really being used. The same logic was applied to the
"data-pool" feature bit -- it does make sense to set it if the data
pool is really not different from the base image pool. Therefore, both
of these features are implicitly enabled when you create an image that
requires them (e.g. using fancy striping settings or using a data
pool).

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 7:12 AM, Konstantin Shalygin <k0ste@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 01/29/2018 06:40 PM, Ilya Dryomov wrote:
>>
>> Unless you specify a non-default stripe_unit/stripe_count, striping
>> feature bit is not set and striping-related fields aren't displayed.
>> This behaviour is new in luminous, but jewel and older clients still
>> work with luminous images.
>

> Yes, I see it...
> I want to know what motivation to change old behavior? Bad defaults?
> Performance reason?

Jason