Re: client with uid

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 7:47 AM, Keane Wolter <wolterk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was looking at the Client Config Reference page
> (http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/client-config-ref/) and there was
> mention of a flag --client_with_uid. The way I read it is that you can
> specify the UID of a user on a cephfs and the user mounting the filesystem
> will act as the same UID. I am using the flags --client_mount_uid and
> --client_mount_gid set equal to my UID and GID values on the cephfs when
> running ceph-fuse. Is this the correct action for the flags or am I
> misunderstanding the flags?

These options are no longer used (with the exception of some bugs
[1,2]). The uid/gid should be provided by FUSE so you don't need to do
anything. If you're using the client library, you provide the uid/gid
via the UserPerm struct to each operation.

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22802
[2] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22801

--
Patrick Donnelly