SPDK for BlueStore rocksDB

Hey, sorry if the question doesnt really make a lot of sense I am talking from almost complete ignorace of the topic, but there is not a lof info about it

I am planning about creating a cluster with 7~10 NL-SAS HDD and 1 nmve per host.

The nmve would be used as rocksDB and journal for each osd (hdd block device) but I am worried about that being a bottleneck as all the osds would share the same device.

I've been reading about spdk for nmve devices and I have seen that blueStore configuration supports it (http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/bluestore-config-ref/#spdk-usage) but I would like the know the current status of the spdk and if I could use it for rocksDB device and not for block device

I've been reading also about RDMA and I would like to know if I could use it in this scenario, all  I have found was using hole nmve devices for block and RocksDB

I would really apreciate if someone could introduce me about this topic, its really interesting but also confusing at the same time.

Thanks a lot!

--

Jorge Pinilla López
jorpilo@xxxxxxxxx