QUEMU - rbd cache - inconsistent documentation?

hi,

I'm a bit confused after reading the official ceph docu regarding QEMU and rbd caching.

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/qemu-rbd/?highlight=qemu

there's a big fat warning:

"Important: If you set rbd_cache=true, you must set cache=writeback or risk data loss. Without cache=writeback, QEMU will not send flush requests to librbd. If QEMU exits uncleanly in this configuration, filesystems on top of rbd can be corrupted."

two sections below you can find the following:

"QEMU’s cache settings override Ceph’s cache settings (including settings that are explicitly set in the Ceph configuration file)."

I find these two statements contradicting and looking for the truth - or did i miss something?

ceph/librbd: 12.2
qemu/kvm: 2.9.0

br wolfgang