Safe to delete data, metadata pools?

Hi Everyone,
I've got a couple of pools that I don't believe are being used but
have a reasonably large number of pg's (approx 50% of our total pg's).
I'd like to delete them but as they were pre-existing when I inherited
the cluster, I wanted to make sure they aren't needed for anything
first.
Here's the details:
POOLS:
    NAME                   ID     USED       %USED     MAX AVAIL     OBJECTS
    data                   0           0         0        88037G            0
    metadata               1           0         0        88037G            0

We don't run cephfs and I believe these are meant for that, but may
have been created by default when the cluster was set up (back on
dumpling or bobtail I think).
As far as I can tell there is no data in them. Do they need to exist
for some ceph function?
The pool names worry me a little, as they sound important.

They have 3136 pg's each so I'd like to be rid of those so I can
increase the number of pg's in my actual data pools without getting
over the 300 pg's per osd.
Here's the osd dump:
pool 0 'data' replicated size 2 min_size 1 crush_ruleset 0 object_hash
rjenkins pg_num 3136 pgp_num 3136 last_change 1 crash_replay_interval
45 min_read_recency_for_promote 1 min_write_recency_for_promote 1
stripe_width 0
pool 1 'metadata' replicated size 2 min_size 1 crush_ruleset 1
object_hash rjenkins pg_num 3136 pgp_num 3136 last_change 1
min_read_recency_for_promote 1 min_write_recency_for_promote 1
stripe_width 0

Also, what performance impact am I likely to see when ceph removes the
empty pg's considering it's approx 50% of my total pg's on my 180
osd's.

Thanks,
Rich