Re: Cache tiering on Erasure coded pools

Nobody explains why, I will tell you from direct experience: the cache tier has a block size of several megabytes. So if you ask for one byte that is not in cache some megabytes are read from disk and, if cache is full, some other megabytes are written from cache to the EC pool.