Re: Cache tiering on Erasure coded pools

Also carefully read the word of caution section on David's link (which is absent in the jewel version of the docs), a cache tier in front of an ersure coded data pool for RBD is almost always a bad idea.

Caspar

Met vriendelijke groet,

Caspar Smit
Systemengineer
SuperNAS
Dorsvlegelstraat 13
1445 PA Purmerend

t: (+31) 299 410 414
e: casparsmit@xxxxxxxxxxx
w: www.supernas.eu

Please use the version of the docs for your installed version of ceph.  Now the Jewel in your URL and the Luminous in mine.  In Luminous you no longer need a cache tier to use EC with RBDs.

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/luminous/rados/operations/cache-tiering/