Re: Cephfs NFS failover

What I have been doing with CephFS is make a number of hosts export the same CephFS mountpoints i.e

cephfs01:/cephfs/home

cephfs02:/cephfs/home

I then put the hosts all under a common DNS A record i.e “cephfs-nfs” so it resolves to all of the hosts exporting the share.

I then use autofs on the clients to mount the share as needed with the source host being “cephfs-nfs:/cephfs/home”.  Autofs will automatically pick one of the hosts to mount and in the event it becomes unavailable autofs will remount using one of the other hosts in the A record.

If you wanted you could get more funky with the automount maps and use priorities and list the hosts individually, but the above is simple and seems to works well.