Re: Migrating to new pools (RBD, CephFS)

A possible option. They do not recommend using cppool.

http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2016-July/011460.html

**COMPLETELY UNTESTED AND DANGEROUS**

stop all MDS daemons
delete your filesystem (but leave the pools)
use "rados export" and "rados import" to do a full copy of the
metadata to a new pool (*not* cppool, it doesn't copy OMAP data)
use "ceph fs new" to create a new filesystem that uses your new metadata pool
use "ceph fs reset" to skip the creating phase of the new filesystem
start MDS daemons