Re: determining the source of io in the cluster

Quoting Josef Zelenka (josef.zelenka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> Hi everyone,
>
> we have recently deployed a Luminous(12.2.1) cluster on Ubuntu - three osd
> nodes and three monitors, every osd has 3x 2TB SSD + an NVMe drive for a
> blockdb. We use it as a backend for our Openstack cluster, so we store
> volumes there. IN the last few days, the read op/s rose to around 10k-25k
> constantly(it fluctuates between those two) and it doesn't seem to go down.
> I can see, that the io/read ops come from the pool where we store VM
> volumes, but i can't source this issue to a particular volume. Is that even
> possible? Any experiences with debugging this? Any info or advice is greatly
> appreciated.

Ceph has no "QoS" as of yet. You might want to collect the libvirt data
from your domains (assuming you are using libvirt / kvm) with:

virsh domblkstat domain-id device

And see how it changes over time. You might then get an idea what VM
uses the most IO. Maybe OpenStack has metrics about the amount of IOPS VM's
are doing

Gr. Stefan