Re: ceph configuration backup - what is vital?

On 12/12/2017 02:18 PM, David Turner wrote:
I always back up my crush map. Someone making a mistake to the crush map will happen and being able to restore last night's crush map has been wonderful. That's all I really back up.

Yes, that's what I would suggest as well. Just have a daily CRON or so dumping the CRUSHMap and backing it up somewhere.

Should some tool or person screw it all up you can just revert to a older map.

Yes, you can fetch the older map from the Monitors as well, but I just like to keep it externally.

Wido