Re: Sudden omap growth on some OSDs

I have no proof or anything other than a hunch, but OSDs don't trim omaps unless all PGs are healthy.  If this PG is actually not healthy, but the cluster doesn't realize it while these 11 involved OSDs do realize that the PG is unhealthy... You would see this exact problem.  The OSDs think a PG is unhealthy so they aren't trimming their omaps while the cluster doesn't seem to be aware of it and everything else is trimming their omaps properly.

I don't know what to do about it, but I hope it helps get you (or someone else on the ML) towards a resolution.