Re: HELP with some basics please

thnx a lot again,
makes sense to me.

We have all journals of the HDD-OSDs on partitions on an extra
SSD-raid1 (each OSD got it's own journal partition on that raid1)
but as I understand they could be moved back to the OSD, at least for
the time of the restructuring.

What makes my tommy turn though, is the thought of ripping out a raid0
pair and plug it into another machine, (it's hwraid not zfs!)
in the hope of keeping the data on it, even if I can get the same sort
of controller (which might be possible, although the machines are a
couple of years old and
Machine C is not the same as A and B) .

And I'm still puzzled about the implication of the cluster size on the
amount of OSD failures.
With size=2 min_size=1 one host could die and (if by chance there is
NO read error on any bit on the living host) I could (theoretically)
recover, is that right?
OR is it that if any two disks in the cluster fail at the same time
(or while one is still being rebuild) all my data would be gone?