dropping trusty

We're talking about dropping trusty support for mimic due to the old
compiler (incomplete C++11), hassle of using an updated toolchain, general
desire to stop supporting old stuff, and lack of user objections to
dropping it in the next release.

We would continue to build trusty packages for luminous and older
releases, just not mimic going forward.

My question is whether we should drop all of the trusty installs on smithi
and focus testing on xenial and centos.  I haven't seen any trusty related
failures in half a year.  There were some kernel-related issues 6+ months
ago that are resolved, and there is a valgrind issue with xenial that is
making us do valgrind only on centos, but otherwise I don't recall any
other problems.  I think the likelihood of a trusty-specific regression on
luminous/jewel is low.  Note that we can still do install and smoke
testing on VMs to ensure the packages work; we just wouldn't stress test.

Does this seem reasonable?  If so, we could reimage the trusty hosts
immediately, right?

Am I missing anything?

sage